We use the project tool Basecamp at work and it is great. When I found out the creators of Basecamp wrote a book about the newway to start and run a business I just had to read it and I found out it is great too.
Things I really liked:
* Workaholics are over-rated.
* The expression asap is bad because it doesn’t really say anything.
* Meetings are toxic.
* Interruption is the enemy of productivity (damn, right!)
* Growth is not necessary for profitability
* Planning is guessing
* Failure is not a rite of passage (learning from mistakes is overrated)